Online Anytime HIPAA Security Training (Level 2)
This HIPAA Security course will help you to understand the HIPAA regulation requirement for Security rule & basic overview on HIPAA privacy rule and guide you on how to help your organization achieve HIPAA compliance. Our training is updated in accordance to the HIPAA regulation because of the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) ACT which forms a part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 or ARRA and Omnibus rule of 2013. Otherwise, the training equips a student for the HIPAA certification test for Certified HIPAA Security Expert (CHSE).
- Healthcare provider & Payer security compliance employees
- IT Managers
- IT Staff
- Security Auditors
- Security Consultants
- Security Lawyers involved in health care
- Network Manager and engineers
- Database administrators
- Software Developers
- Consultants who provide security advice to health care organizations
Free HIPAA Security Training Demo
Total Course Duration: 17 hours
Number of Total Slides: 612 slides
Total Chapters: 19
Course valid for: 6 months from receiving the login details. You will not have access to online content after you complete the course.
Certificate valid for: 3 Years
Type of License: One user license cannot be transferred after login is assigned.
Continuing Education Requirements After Getting Certified:
Once a year all students will have to go through one hour of update course which will include relevant regulation changes and other OCR/HHS activities on compliance and enforcement.
To maintain your certification, you will continue taking update courses when they are released. You will receive a new certificate when your certificate will expire if you have taken all required update courses. You will NOT be required to take any test if you have taken the update courses regularly.
Certificate for Continuing Education Credits:
Students can buy CE credits certificate for this course at the time of registration. You will receive 17 CE credits for this course through Approved Provider of California Board of Registered Nursing after completing the course.
Free Online HIPAA Training Demo
Cost of online training and CHSE certification test: $648 (Additional Options to buy: $300 printed manual, $19.99 full-color 56 pages overview manual, $75 CHSE practice test, $250 two hour of Instructor support, $150 unlimited CHSE exam attempt)
Free Online HIPAA Training Demo
CHSE Certification Test only: $150 per attempt
The test is only done once upon completion of the course. You need a 70% pass mark from the 54 question test to receive the HIPAA certification for Certified HIPAA security Expert (CHSE).
The test should take 90 minutes where five minutes are allocated to each chapter where you will be required to answer only three questions from each of them. In the event, you pass your tests you can print your certification immediately but if you do fail you will have to pay $150 for the retake.
Test Format: Multiple Choice Questions.
CHSE Course Learning Objectives:
Chapter 1 – HIPAA Basics
- Understand the purpose for HIPAA legislation
- Review the HIPAA Administrative Simplification title
- Review non-compliance penalties (civil and criminal)
- Review key organizations associated with administering HIPAA Administrative Simplification provisions
- Review HIPAA-related terminology and definitions
Chapter 2 – Transactions & Code Sets Overview
- Understand motivation and drivers behind requiring HIPAA standard transactions and code sets
Chapter 3 – Transactions – ANSI X12 and NCPDP
- Examine the ANSI ASC X12 & NCPDP transactions
Chapter 4 – Code Sets & National Identifiers
- Understand the code sets approved for use with HIPAA-covered transactions
- Understand national identifiers that have been adopted or may be adopted to identify entities or individuals under HIPAA-covered transactions
Chapter 5 – HIPAA and Health Data – Security & Privacy Requirements
- Describe how HIPAA relates to health information exchange
- Identify the steps for compliance with the HIPAA Privacy Rule
- Identify the steps for compliance with the HIPAA Security Rule
- Review compliance framework
Chapter 6 – HIPAA Privacy Rule
- Understand the core requirements, key terms, and concepts of the Privacy Rule
Chapter 7 – HIPAA Security Rule – Overview
- Describe the scope of the HIPAA Security Rule.
- Understand threats and attacks health care that cause an enterprise to be vulnerable.
- Define key security terminology, concepts, and categories
- Describe administrative safeguard implementation specifications.
- Describe physical safeguard implementation specifications.
- Explain technical safeguard implementation specifications.
- Describe organizational requirements.
- Describe the policies and procedural standards, as well as the documentation standards.
Chapter 8 – HIPAA Security Rule – Threats and Technology Options
- Identify technical/electronic threats to the health care enterprise
- Explain security technology and electronic protection options that may meet Security Rule and Privacy Rule security provisions compliance requirements
Chapter 9 – Advanced Administrative Safeguards
- Describe the requirements for the Security Awareness and Training standard.
- Explain the requirements for the Security Incident Procedures standard.
- Describe the requirements for the Contingency Plan standard.
- Describe the requirements for the Evaluation standard.
- Describe the Business Associate Contract and Other Written Arrangements standard.
Chapter 10 – Physical Safeguards Overview
- Explain key steps for a physical safeguard assessment based on the HIPAA Privacy Rule
Chapter 11 – Advanced Physical Safeguards
- Describe physical safeguard requirements
- Review facility access control
- Describe workstation use and security standards
- Describe required and example policies, procedures, and practices to reasonably ensure appropriate physical safeguards have been implemented
Chapter 12 – Physical Safeguards – Data & Media Management
- Describe requirements for device and media controls
Chapter 13 – Security Technical Safeguards Overview
- Describe the Security Rule defined Technical Safeguards
- Describe the Access Control standard
- Examine the Audit Control standard
- Describe the Integrity standard
- Identify key elements of the Person or Entity Authentication standard
- Review the Transmission Security standard
Chapter 14 – Security Advanced Technical Safeguards
- Describe the Transmission Security standard
- Examine the Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) architecture and its key protocols
- Analyze firewall systems and their role
- Examine Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
- Describe wireless security requirements
- Identify types of encryption that may be supported by health care entities
- Describe core elements of Windows security.
Chapter 15 – Digital Signatures and Certs
- Explain the requirements of the proposed Security Rule’s electronic signature requirements (not included in the final rule)
- Describe a digital signature
- Describe a digital certificate and its relationship to a digital signature
- Examine the role of a Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) in supporting requirements for digital signatures
Chapter 16 – Security Policy and Standards
- Explain how identifying threats and vulnerabilities impact risk management strategies and the development of appropriate security policies
- Describe ISO/IEC 27002 and ISO/IEC 27001 standards
- Identify factors that impact the development of an enterprise security policy
- Describe security policy documents that address areas, such as acceptable use policies
Chapter 17 – American Recovery & Reinvestment Act
- American Recovery & Reinvestment Act (ARRA), Title XIII, Subpart D Overview (HITECH)
- Business Associates New Requirements
- Breach Notification Requirements
- New Privacy & Security Requirements
- Increased Enforcement & Penalties
- Federal Reporting & Resource Requirements
- Compliance Tips
Chapter 18 – The Omnibus Rule
- Omnibus Rule Background
- Breach Notification Rule
- New Limits on Uses and Disclosures of PHI
- Business Associates
- Increased Patient Rights
- Notice of Privacy Practices
- Increased Enforcement
- Update Action Considerations
Chapter 19 – 2017 Annual HIPAA Certification CE Credits
- The Year in Review – Breaches and Events
- Rules, Issuances, and Issues in 2017
- Today: Where Attention is Needed
- Tomorrow: What the Future May Hold
The above training will prepare you for HIPAA Certification for Certified HIPAA Security Expert:
CERTIFIED HIPAA SECURITY EXPERT (CHSE) Is is rated 4.8 out of 5 by users 5361