HIPAA Risk assessment is often regarded as the first step towards HIPAA compliance. Risk analysis is a required implementation specification under the Security Management Process standard of the Administrative Safeguards portion of the HIPAA Security Rule as per Section 164.308(a)(1). Covered entities will benefit from an effective Risk Analysis and Risk Management program beyond just being HIPAA compliant. Compliance with HIPAA is not optional… it is mandatory, to avoid penalties.
Objective of HIPAA Security Risk Assessment/Analysis: The overall objective of a HIPAA risk analysis is to document the Potential risks and vulnerabilities to the confidentiality, integrity, or availability of electronic protected health information (ePHI) and determine the appropriate safeguards to bring the level of risk to an acceptable and manageable level. It helps in ensuring that controls and expenditure are fully commensurate with the risks to which the organization is exposed
List of documents in HIPAA Security Risk Analysis Template revised for HITECH Omnibus Rule
- Asset Inventory Worksheet
- Detailed HIPAA Security Risk Analysis Executive Report
- Risk Analysis Checklist
- Risk Analysis Template
- Risk Assessment Executive Presentation
- HIPAA Security Risk Assessment Scorecard
- Overview spreadsheet
- Administrative safeguard spreadsheet
- Technical safeguard spreadsheet
- Physical safeguard spreadsheet
- Organizational safeguard spreadsheet
- Sample Privacy & Security Risk Analysis Executive Report 2013-Short Version
- Threat Matrix Worksheet
For a multi-entity licenses or templates, contact Bob Mehta at (515) 865-4591 for discounted pricing or email at Bob@HIPAAcertification.net.
- This product really help me to catch up with the current situation in my project. I am an Information System Auditor, creating BCP or BIA is a very first time for me, so i need templates that can fit my project. I can use it in my project with minor adjustment and the report template is really help me out what to deliver for this project.
Thank you very much.Arie Indrakusuma, CISA
Bank Internasional Indonesia
Security Risk Analysis Template Tool Is is rated 4.8 out of 5 by users 5361